Our CineTech Media Professionals meetings are social gatherings for talking, networking and learning.
They have covered a wide range of topics with guest speakers and location visits.
Recent meetings included:
- David Sica and Bruce Frigeri presented their insights on creating Facebook Ads that work
- A screening of “Saving the Great Swamp: Battle to Defeat the Jetport” with Director Scott Morris
- Video Solutions for Tight Spaces and Tight Budgets with JVC
- Legal insights for the entertainment & media producers with Attorney Eldonie Mason, Esq.
Past meeting highlights:
- Bruce Frigeri and David Landau presented their Pilot “Paranormal Intervention” and talked about the challenges of pitching and selling a show
- We visited Inception Digital in their brand new state-of-the-art space
- 4Wall Lighting talked to us about what they faced when lighting the Presidential Election in Times Square!
- Arcane Reality brought the latest in Virtual Reality gear for us to try out
- Patricia Singer from Follow Me Social Media Consulting explained the pros & cons of all the most relevant Social Media platforms
- John McCormick, sound recordist on “Rescue Me” and “Unforgettable” talked about tricks to recording live sound and the intricacies of TV sound production.
- David Landau talked about his work as the Director of Photography on the kick-starter financed indie feature film “Stray” along with the film’s first AD, Maggie Kaszuba.
- Beth Bellone talked to us about how to use Linkedin to help brand and promote yourself in the social media market place.
- Tiffen Filters and Lowell lighting came and demonstrated their newest LED lights and digital filtration effects programs.
- Member “Uncle” Roy Yolkoson talked about his work as a post production sound mixer, post sound recording and how to do it better on your own.
- May 2014 – We had a Joint meeting with NJ Creatives all about Social Media Marketing for Success
- March 2014 – Steve Cunningham talked to us about Search Engine Optimization & Online Security
- February 2014 – Ryan Kelly, Creative Director, Sean Nejman, Production Manager and Chris Schuster, Event Coordinaror at Verizon Video talked to us about the State of Corporate Video
- April 2013 – Tony Pattine, Script Supervisor on the hit TV show “Persons of Interest” and many other TV series and feature films, joined us to talk about his work, the demands of TV series production and the Scriptee continuity software he developed.
- March 2013 – we visited TriStar Media for a great tour of their studios and learned about the infomercial business.
- Oct 2012 – Fandom of the Opera, with Emmy award winning video engineer Mark Schubin about broadcasting the Met live worldwide and the contributions Opera has made in history and our lives.
- Sept 2012 – Guenter from Arri brought in and demonstrated the new Arri Alex camera and talked about the future of digital cinematography.
- April 2012 – a visit to Apple for a review of the new Final Cut X software
- Nov 2011 – Co-author of the Copyright, Permission and Libel Handbook, Steve. Schechter Esq. gave us a “primer” on copyrights, fair use, what is copyrightable and what isn’t.
- Feb 2011 – Working the Room! Make The Most Out Of Your Next Networking Event
- Sept 2010 – The Reality of Reality TV Behind the Scenes of “Project Runway” with David Landau and sound recordist John Murphy